In 1895, in Tyrol, Austria the visionary Daniel Swarovski invented a machine to cut crystal perfectly and precisely. Still owned and run by the Swarovski family today, Swarovski is the world leader in cut crystal for jewellery and decorative pieces as well as lighting, architecture and interiors.
Swarovski is the premium brand for the finest crystal embellishments since 1895. Swarovski collaborates with top-class designers and brands in the fashion, jewellery, accessories, interior design, and lighting industries across the globe.
Merry-Go-Round Technical Specifications:
1. Inspired by Swarovski crystal world in Austria and enhanced by the 2016 Christmas theme – Merry Crystal, Blue boxes, Gold Balloons.
2. Stylishly embellished with 100 pieces of crystallised Vega down light.
3. More than 3 million Swarovski crystals being used. 50% goes to merry-go-round base itself, covered by tempered glass with LED lighting for maximum sparkling effect.
4. 2 x Fully Crystallised Sleigh with Swarovski Tube Handles.
5. Body of the Sleigh is Blue base and crystallised with more than 500pcs Swarovski square blue crystals 30mm (Crystal Bermuda Blue 001 BBL).
6. The merry-go-round weighs 4.3 tonnes, external structure 2.3 tonnes and crystals on the base itself weigh 500kgs.
7. Total 10 horses, 2 sleighs and 1 carriage.
8. Double tier merry-go-round (only lower tier is operational), diameter 8.4 meter, height 9.1 meter.
9. Premium quality finishing includes glossy spray paint gold and silver to bring out sparkling effect.
10. Pillars of the merry-go-round designed with the idea of the crystals’ multi-faceted reflection.
11. The level 2 design is enhanced with gold balloons and blue boxes, modern Christmas tree with signature snowflake ornaments, star symbol ornaments (fantastic collections), all of which are key products for this Christmas.
DTwelve Studio is a multi-disciplinary practice under the direction of Jesy and Mellisa, the company draws on the foundations and design principles that have been developed over the years of practice. The work of DTwelve is driven by the principles of authenticity, consideration and enthusiasm. The studio’s approach is to create a unique identity for each project and this authenticity resonates not only in the design solution but in the selection of a natural palette of materials and the sharing of knowledge with craftsmen.
Their current body of work rests within the hospitality, residential, retail and commercial sectors. All backed up by a production factory team which consists of mainly wood works.
Jesy Lee Chor Moi – Managing Director of DTwelve Studio
Mellisa Tham Pui Mun – Creative Director of DTwelve Studio